Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Let's Try Again

Well, it has been a very long time since I updated this blog. There have been quite a few changes to our financial situation.
First, my husband and I completed our goal of becoming debt free. Thanks to some hard work and a great tax refund (completely unexpected) we finished paying off his truck and then some back in February. So I am happy to say WE'RE DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Man that was nice to type.

Though this was a great financial accomplishment, we are still looking at some hard times ahead. My husband decided he wanted to pursue his college degree and will be joining the Green to Gold program the Army provides. During this time the Army will pay for my husband's college and give us a little extra on the side to cover our rent. Since I only work from home and he will be attending college full time, this will leave us with very little cash on hand and we are going to need to be eating on a little as possible. So, I decided it was time to start working on this blog again.

Our goal once we move to College Station, TX is going to be to eat on $300 a month. We will luckily have access to several more stores than we do here, which should provide better deals than we have had access to. I am really looking forward to start posting great deals, meal ideas and frugal living tips.

No comments:

Post a Comment